18.10.11

The Measure of Good Living



How do you measure the degree to which you are living the good life?

  • Wealth?
  • Health?
  • Comfort?
  • Material items?

Lately I have been measuring mine by answering the following question:

"Did I make a difference to someone's day today?"

If I can answer this with "yes", then I am living the good life.

Somedays the answer might be a very small yes, others it might be a BIG, often tiring and longwinded journey to YES!

It provides a very simple focus to the day, moment by moment. I can pretty much always find a way to make a difference even if it is just a smile, or listening, I mean REALLY listening to someone's problem.

Of course there are other elements to answering with a yes such as taking time for myself so that I am energised enough to give to others.

Somedays the yes might have been for myself - did I change something that positively impacted my own life. Did I make a difference to myself by eating well, breathing slow and stretching out?

If I want to feel good, at the end of the day I review the ways I have made a difference today and then the next day look for opportunities to do more of the same.

How did you make a difference today?

----------

Would you like to receive more from me? Sign up for the free daily letter or join me and dive a little deeper.