28.9.11

Deleted apps off my phone

I recently deleted most apps off my phone.

Including:


  • Games
  • Productivity apps
  • Gadgets and gizmos


Any apps I couldnt delete I put in a folder marked "unused" which is out of sight.

What I currently use my phone for:


  • making calls (rarely)
  • texting (slightly more frequently)
  • taking pictures (now and then of cool stuff especially nature)
  • shooting video for Studio Scratches
  • taking notes for ideas and blog posts
  • reading ebooks
  • waking me up on work days (a nice mellow sound)


That is pretty much it!

The result


  • I am more focused on other things and way less distracted.
  • I have space to think about thing
  • I am more aware of my surroundings
  • I am no longer so tied to a device


Other Notes


I aim to have my phone out of sight when I am with others - no checking of anything! This allows full attention on the present moment and the other person.

From the surface I might appear to be another droid walking around with a smart phone at times, however all the things I do on it are serving other creative purposes and adding value to my life.